Saturday, October 22, 2011

Authonomy

For the past two years, I had my novel posted on authonomy.com, a website for aspiring writers and avid readers. I traded useful critiques with members and silly banter on the forums while my book went up the ranks. The quality of my day was often determined by whether my book had a red arrow or a green arrow. The highest ranking it got was somewhere in the sixties - not bad since there are thousands of books posted there.

Today, at the request of my publisher, I've pulled the book from the site. I was a little sad to lose my backers, some of which had supported the book for eons. But the whole point of having my work on the site was to find a publisher, and I have.

I intend to maintain a presence on the site, reading and supporting my favorites. I'm proof that agents and publishers are lurking there.

No comments:

Post a Comment