Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!

As we say goodbye to 2011, I think it's good to reflect on the year's journey. I started the year in New Hampshire and I'm ending it in Colorado- with all my belongings in storage, waiting on a "short" sale house in Tucson. So things are a bit up in the air right now, but hopefully it will all be settled soon.

Each year is full of ups and downs, and this year was no different. The worst thing that happened this year was that I got my heart broken. That's obviously never fun, but at the end of the day, I really wouldn't change anything about it.

The best thing that happened this year is that I found a publisher for my books. My advance was actually wired to my account just a few hours ago, making it feel even more real. I'm in the midst of the editing process and I'm geekily excited about it.

This year has been filled with all my favorite people and lots of travel. And I'm on the cusp of a really big 2012!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, the advance comes even before you've finished the edits? Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it did for me! i think it depends on your contract...

    ReplyDelete