Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Holiday Shopping: Made in America

"If each one of us spent $64 a year on something actually made in America, we would together create 200,000 jobs." -Diane Sawyer, ABC News.

I'm working on it. There are a lot of great websites in that link, but I haven't yet found what I'm looking for. It's especially frustrating that when I do an internet search for "made in America, girl clothes", I come up with pages of links related to American Girl Dolls, which are made in China.

As I continue my search, these are the best sites I've found, the ones I'll circle back to when I'm no longer shopping for children:

http://store.americanapparel.net/

http://ethicalistic.com/category/madeintheusa

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katie, I've just been catching up with your blog and really pleased that you are working with an editor on Monsoon Season. You must be so excited! Do you have a publication date yet? Also just bought Tom's Daughter on my Kindle, based on your recommendation. Will let you know what I think. Struggling through David Nicholl's 'One Day' at the moment, not sure if it is out over there, but there was a massive hype here. I'm not convinced - the characters are little too cliched for my liking. I had some good writing news recently. A short story I wrote made the Bridport prize shortlist - It has given me a boost. Email me, if you want me to read anything - happy to look at Monsoon Season again (after edits). It would be interesting to see how working with an editor helps. Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  2. juliet!
    i don't have that many answers- the process is moving slowly. but i'm still super excited. i hope you like tom's daughter's. definitely let me know what you think. i'm struggling through steve martin's an object of beauty. if i ever finish it, i'll blog a review! congrats on the short story- where can i read it?
    katie

    ReplyDelete