Sunday, July 14, 2024

Book Review: The Most Fun We Ever Had

 

I listened to this book for a few hours and got so lost I started over. I was annoyed until I realized I had accidentally pushed a button that skipped the story way ahead. My second listen made much more sense.

This book was a welcome breath of fresh air after a series of perfectly likeable women's fiction that leaned toward romance. The Most Fun We Ever Had is a story about a family, covering a near fifty year period. It shifts back and forth in time, giving the sense that every moment from the past is just as meaningful and alive as the present.

There is definitely a love story between the parents in this family and each daughter has a romantic thread to her story line, but the focus is on how they develop as people and relate to each other at the various stages of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment