Saturday, November 26, 2011

Holiday Shopping: First Purchase

I ended up participating in Black Friday after all - sort of. I made my first purchase online last night at Etsy.com, a site that came recommended by a blog reader! (Thanks, Isasmama!)

This website is so cool. It is a network of artisans, most in the US, making unique gifts that can't be found in stores. You can search for products by type, price and location.

I ended up buying some adorable handmade children's clothes at Noah and Lilah. (Remember that handmade gifts will require some advanced notice . Rush orders may be possible at an extra cost. Each artist's policy is different.) I emailed the artist to request the receipt be withheld from the shipped package - and I've already gotten a response. I spent less than $30, including shipping, and it's a product that was made in America! Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment