Thursday, July 23, 2015

Never Fail Meatloaf Recipe

Meatloaf is one of those traditional dishes that everyone should know how to make, but I never did. The first time I made a meatloaf, it tasted like a hamburger in a meatloaf shape. My boyfriend said it was fine (cuz he's sweet), but I knew better. I got advice from my friend Debbie who is such an amazing cook she should have her own restaurant.

This is how I do it and the boyfriend admits it is really good now:

1 lb hamburger
1 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 packet onion soup mix  (If you're fancy, you can use a real onion. I am not fancy.)
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup ketchup

I think the trick is getting the balance right so I try to stick pretty close to the measurements and mix evenly. I top it with a drizzle of ketchup that cooks up nice.

Bake @ 375 for 30 minutes! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment