Sunday, November 20, 2011

Family Dinner

Last night, I had dinner with my favorite people in the state of Colorado: the ones I'm related to! We had a private room at Papadoux for all my aunts, uncles and cousins. It was like Thanksgiving without the turkey. Cajun-style.

My aunt asked me what my book is about and I stumbled, as always. It reminded me that even after having worked out a query letter and synopsis, I still don't have a proper "elevator pitch" - a three-sentence soundbite that explains what the book is about.

I can describe the plot: Boy meets girl. Boy turns out to be a twit. Girl leaves boy.

But that's not really what it's about.

Monsoon Season is a coming-of-age, family saga. It's about learning how to be independent without being alone. Monsoon Season explores how well we know the people we claim to love and how much every person we choose to let into our lives shapes who we become.

Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment