Friday, August 21, 2026

Book review: Whistler

 

I don't have that much to say about this book, other than that it was so good. I started to read Bel Canto years ago and gave up for some reason I don't remember. I enjoyed this so much, it makes me think I should give it an other try.

 The audiobook is read by the author and  she nails it. I am so often turned off when they pick the wrong narrator and I wonder why more authors don't make this choice. (Which is funny to say because I have created audiobooks and would never use my own voice.)

What I loved most about this book was the characters, who feel like real people and stick with you. The story itself is pretty simple: an adult revisiting events from her past and understanding how her parents are just humans who did their best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment