Friday, January 27, 2023

Book Review: Monogamy

Sue Miller is one of my favorite authors. Top five. Whenever she releases a new book, I splurge for the hardcover and keep it on display on my bookshelf, assuming there will be many rereadings over the coming years. This is true of very few other authors: Julia Glass, Jennifer Haigh, Barbara Kingsolver, Ann Packer.

Although I haven't been able to finish a book in years, I sped through this. She has the unparalleled ability to create characters who seem real and flawed and complicated. Her stories do not rely on plot. They're about the inner struggles of the MC, somehow made more relateable by their specificitty.

I've read and loved all her previous novels and I'm always hoping to find someone to recommend an author who writes like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment