Saturday, August 29, 2015

Interview with Author Alison Boulton

Years ago, I discovered a book called Tom's Daughters on a writing website and it was so good that I bought a version when it was self-published. It was the first e-book I ever purchased and remains one of the best I've read. I still remember the characters like they were real people. So when I heard that the author, Alison Boulton, was publishing a second novel - I jumped at the chance to do an interview.
To read the entire interview, you can go to todaysauthor.com. I'll include an excerpt here.
KO: Tell us about Chasing Sunflowers. Who is your audience?
AB: Chasing Sunflowers is the story of Kate, who moves to Amsterdam with her husband and young son. Lost and lonely in a new city, she develops a passion for the paintings of Vincent van Gogh. Her decision to study them leads her to artist Rudy de Jong and following in Vincent’s footsteps, she makes a trip to Arles which transforms her life.
So, it’s a book about a woman who steps outside her own life, and how the experience changes her. There’s quite a lot about Amsterdam, the south of France and Vincent van Gogh too.
My first audience is me, since it was me I told the story to first and I liked it. So after that people a bit like me, I suppose; usually female, maybe over 25, though my daughters who are 20 and 22 enjoyed it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment