Saturday, May 19, 2012

Being braggy

I am working on my author's site right now. It isn't done yet, but I thought I'd share one of my favorite comments for Monsoon Season:
"Reading the first chapter immediately put me in mind of the likes of Margaret Atwood and Alice Sebold. This is literary fiction with real emotional strength. Moments of seemingly quiet devastation rise up to suddenly punch you in the gut - the scene where Riley's father thinks she has something on her face which turns out to be a freckle says more about a strained relationship in a couple of lines than I've seen entire novels take five chapters to do. Yet, in spite of the immediate tragedy in the novel's opening chapter, Katie O'Rourke manages to inject subtle moments of humour that give her protagonist both credibility and above all, humanity."
                                                   -Malcolm Richards, The Hiding House

Richards' book is one that I enjoyed from authonomy.com and it means so much more coming from a writer I respect.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome review! Congratulations. Looking forward to the release of Monsoon Season!!!

    ReplyDelete